We humans like to view ourselves as the only creatures with emotions and special features, but it turns out we have plenty in common with animals in the animal kingdom. Some animals are even more like us than we thought. Many people think that we are humanizing them, but it’s difficult to deny that some animals often mimic and display our behaviours.
In order to prove that animals, especially house pets, have human reactions, we put together 20 photos that show the human side of our pet companions. Scroll down to check for yourself!
1. “They’ve learned rather quickly that I provide breakfast on a regular schedule. Was 5 minutes late and got told off for it.”
2. “Stop treating your pets as if they were humans! My cat only drinks water if it’s served in a glass.”
3. “One man’s trash is another cat’s treasure.”
4. “We missed you!”
5. “Someone was screaming outside our apartment. Ben was very concerned.”
6. “My brother’s dog when I was going home”
7. “Pleased to meet you!”
8. “They gave me this small pool, super nice! But when I had the chance, I jumped into the one that suits me best.”
9. “Some might say I spoil him too much…”
10. “No Mommy, I can’t get them up there!”
11. “Bonnie put her favorite toy in my packed suitcase. Oh man, the feels!”
12. “One of our kittens only sleeps in my daughter’s doll bathtub…”
13. “Pardon me, but could I trouble you for a few pets?”
14. “Clara’s first trip into the backyard — I think she liked it!”
15. “Rufus lying on his cat bed that he allows his human to borrow on a nightly basis”
16. “I meowed at our neighbor’s cat once and now it regularly comes up to our door and just watches us live our lives.”
17. “Want to go for…a walk?”
18. “I really wanted some of Mommy’s food today but I was so tired that I passed out on the table.”
19. “This is how my cat asks for love each morning.”
20. “This was the first topless Jeep ride of the year for our dog. She was in heaven.”
Do your pets mimic and act like you? Feel free to share their photos with us in the comments below! Be sure to share this article with your friends and family members to make their day better!