Cats have a reputation for being “inscrutable”, so few humans can understand them through facial expressions. However, if you are a cat owner, then you probably have a pretty good sense of whether your cat is happy, angry, or frustrated. Several scientific studies indicate that cats have facial expressions just like our own. They have different facial expressions when in different emotional states (including positive ones).
If you don’t believe, then your next job is to scroll down to check for yourself. These cats’ facial expressions below are so similar to us that you will laugh at the similarity. Besides, understanding these facial expressions could help strengthen the relationship between owners and cats, and improve cat care and welfare.
1. Perhaps he’s not quite sure of what’s being put in his cat bowl for dinner, but it definitely doesn’t look very appetizing.
2. This cat definitely wasn’t prepared for this interview. Maybe she needs a few moments to collect herself.
3. Whatever is happening off-camera, this feline is not a fan of it
4. Nothing is more heartbreaking than the disappointment in this cat’s eyes.
5. Nothing is more heartbreaking than the disappointment in this cat’s eyes.
6. Those toys look mighty interesting to pounce on, but the cat’s having second thoughts about getting up.
7. Getting up in the morning is one of the most difficult things to do, and we’ve all felt like this kitten at some point.
8. Plotting revenge never looked so evil.
9. Three cats caught in the act. What that was, we don’t know, but they definitely look guilty.
10. These cats did decide to get a room, and their public displays of affection are still being interrupted.
11. Just when he’s all snuggled in, he realizes he forgot to visit the bathroom.
12. Catching a snowball is a lot harder than it looks.
13. This cat is the epitome of having a bad day.
14. This cat realized he was just about to make a mistake in “complimenting” his owner’s dress.
If you like this post, feel free to share it with everyone!