All dogs start as small adorable puppies who perfectly fit in your laps. They love to crawl into your lap for hugs, cuddles and kisses, and there’s no reason that should change if they happen to grow up to be bigger than you. However, they grow up such fast that sometimes you may not realize just how big they’re going to get. Although they are no longer puppies, that doesn’t stop them from cuddling with you and squeezing into your small spaces.
When your dogs get bigger, they tend to demand more love and attention from you. So if you too have a Great Dane, St. Bernard, or any other big breeds, let’s love them and care for them as members of your family. They might have forgotten how big they are, but they never fail to warm your heart as they act like tiny dogs. If you don’t believe, scroll through these pics to see the smiles on these owners’ faces as they cuddle with their huge canine best friends. We are sure that these large dogs with sweet actions will warm your heart, even if you have a cold heart.
1. If you own a big dog, chances are you know this moment all too well.
2. You’re just minding your business on the couch or in a chair, when, out of the corner of your eye, you see a huge ball of fluff coming your way.
3. You already know what’s coming next, but you let ’em jump on top of you anyway because how could you refuse all this adorableness?
4. Whether they were a small puppy just a few months or years ago, it makes no difference. They want your lap, and they want it NOW!
5. So you watch them try and figure out how they could possibly get comfortable on such a small bed, aka you.
“Whoever said a pitbull couldn’t be a lap dog seriously missed out.”
6. They eventually find their sweet spot, at the expense of your internal organs.
7. But who needs organs when you’re getting cuddles?! Not I.
8. You don’t have the heart to tell them that they’re literally crushing you…
9. …so you accept your fate and wrap your arms around your best friend.
“Mika and mummy <3 she’s determined to be a lapdog so dead legs it is.”
10. Sure, you probably should have gone to the bathroom before this. Or have run all your errands. But this is your life now.
11. You begin to question how time could move so fast and think back to a time when they couldn’t pin you down.
12. But your pup chose YOU to crush. That’s love, my friends.
13. They will always be your baby, even if you got them when they were grown.
14. They’ve allowed you to cuddle with them when you were down, and now it’s your turn to return the favor.
“And for her last 10 minutes in the bookshop Artie has found a human chair on which she can pretend to be the lap dog she most certainly isn’t.”
15. Dogs of every size are filled with boundless love.
16. But big dogs, well, they’ve just got more places to store all that love.
17. So let your lapdog be a lapdog, because it’s what they deserve.
“I’ve always wanted a lap dog, and now I’ve got one… a 40-lb/20-kilo rescue pitbull mix.”
Do you have a photo of a big dog who seems to have forgotten how big they are? Share pictures with us and don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family members!