Cats have a bad reputation for being cold, aloof, and grumpy. Unlike dogs, they tend to appreciate personal space and like to be alone all the time. If you chase them to hug and cuddle them when they don’t want to, they will run away and hide. But sometimes, you’re more likely to see them behaving in sweet and cute ways. In fact, cats do actually show love and affection to their humans and their affection is far more nuanced than you think.
There’s still a misconception about cats not showing love to their owners, so we decided to collect 25 pics of cats who are sweet and affectionate to prove that cats are subtle creatures and do love their humans. Through these pics, we would like to highlight the sweet side of these furry friends. Scroll down to check for yourself!
1. “My cat figured out that the alarm sound means that I have to wake up, so she snuggles on my chest right after it goes off.”
2. In good hands
3. Even this pretty lady’s tail aligns perfectly with the cushion.
4. “She saw me packing my army kit this morning. Every time she finds out that I’ll be leaving for a few weeks, this is how she sits with me until I leave.”
5. “I work as a geologist in remote areas. I was leaving my camp this morning when I heard meowing. This little guy followed me, climbed up me, and promptly fell asleep. I think I’ve been chosen.”
6. When you’ve found that perfect spot on the couch:
7. Everybody’s home!
8. “She fell asleep with her favorite toy. My heart just exploded.”
9. The face of happiness
10. This kitten looks like it feels safe now after going through some hard times.
11. “I picked her up yesterday — we’re instant best friends!”
12. “No one would adopt him because he’s got a bad eye. Good! He’s with me now. And his eyes show that he really appreciates it.”
13. How long do you think you’d be able to resist before holding this kitty in your arms?
14. “Mama Pebbles and her child, Primrose”
15. There’s no denying that this cat loves its owner. And the best part is that it makes sure he knows it!