Do you remember the Ugly Duckling fairy story? An over-sized, clumsy chick who came out of a duck’s nest and considered herself to be an ugly duckling. But after some years, she grew into a gorgeous white swan, much admired by her friends. The story gives a peep into our real, beautiful self. Most of the time we forget our wonderful nature or cover it inside.
Just like us, every animal has their own beauty. However, there are some animals who need a little bit more time to show their beauty. That’s the reason why we decided to show you 21 photos of pets who have to come a long way from their ugly duckling selves to the beautiful swan they turn out to be. Scroll down to check for yourself!
1. “Nimbus looks a bit different a year later.”
2. “You might think that the big dog is the one who runs the show, but in fact, it’s this small fluff who does it. Bear is very bold and powerful, but I think Tuco simply lets him do it.”
3. What a difference a few weeks makes…
4. “This is my granddog. Kuechly the plusky, pit-lab-husky mix. And his ears are a perfect fit for his attitude.”
5. “We found her alone in a parking lot, dirty, and her eyes were completely crusted shut. We had to syringe feed her by hand because she was so little. This year, she turns 8.”
6. “From sad potato to happy heeler. She just recently turned 1.”
7. “From 2 hours old to 8 weeks old — my precious orphaned foster child. She never learned how to be a real cat, so her mannerisms are all out of context, she flicks her tail and growls when she’s getting cuddles and I don’t know how to teach her that that’s not what normal cats do.”
8. 8 weeks old puppy to 9 month old derp.
9. “I finally captured the perfect picture of Loki.”
10. “My boy Paco turns 2 years old today.”
11. “Harvey’s skinny body was found abandoned in a ditch, soaking wet. He was infested with fleas, anemic, and starving. Fast forward 5 years, he’s now a confident, happy, healthy boy with a career in modeling.”
12. 2 days old, 3 weeks, 7 weeks, 12 weeks, 14 weeks and now 6 years.
13. “We adopted him when he was sick and weak and he instantly became the king of our home. The most energetic kitten I’ve ever met. A strong and handsome fellow!”
14. “I was only meant to foster this guy. But his adopter dumped him in an industrial area 3 months after adopting him. His microchip and some amazing warehouse workers got him back to me.”
15. “This is Spike. He started life as a hamster, but then he turned into a lion!”
16. “Had her since she was old enough to be away from her momma ❤ she just turned 8 a few days ago.”
17. “It’s really cute looking through photos of her gaining more pigment as she grew.”
18. “How did these small kitties grow up so much within a year!?”
19. “Lilith has grown up so fast, she’s still the prettiest girl in my life.”
20. So much healthier!!
21. Poor guy couldn’t even see! His eyes are so beautiful too.
Are you a pet owner? If yes, please share photos of your pet with us in the comments below!