When it comes to protecting themselves, many animals disguise their appearance, usually to blend in with their surroundings. This is a defense mechanism or tactic that they use to help them avoid predators and catch prey. By using camouflage, they literally become invisible to their predators. After all, camouflage is key to survive in the wild.
It’s been 10.000 years since dogs and cats were domesticated, but their instinct remains strong. Although our beloved pets don’t need to hide from predators or catch prey, they have secretly been training and practicing their skills in the art of camouflage. It helps them hide from us whenever they don’t want to be bothered.
Here are 20 camouflaged animals that might give you a very hard time when you try to find them. Scroll down to see if you can spot the incredibly well-camouflaged animals in these pictures.
2. Stealthy cat is stealthy
3. That dog has an awesome cat tattoo
4. Skye the dog has become one with the snow, thoroughly skilled in the art of winter camouflage.
5. This puppy (ling ling) has interesting camouflage
6. Meet Luke, our kitten who knows how to expertly camouflage
7. The camouflage of a 3 week old puppy
8. Perfect for random hand attacks.
9. My dog’s urban camouflage