Anyone who has ever loved an animal knows that they are downright amazing. They are as unique as people and can never be replaced. Not only do they bring happiness to our lives, but they also give us unconditional love and great friendship. In short, no relationship is quite as pure as the one that exists between a pet and their owner. But sadly, our 4-legged companions have a lifespan that is too short. And the only thing we can do is to treasure every moment with them – they won’t be around forever!
Here are 20 adorable before and after photos of pets growing up. With this compilation, we want to help you see the importance of valuing your beloved ones and remind you to cherish the time you have with them. Scroll down to see!
1. “It’s still his favorite toy!”
2. 1 and a half years makes a lot of difference.
3. “These were taken a year apart — last year when I found this little guy walking the streets, and today, getting cuddles.”
4. “He helped me get through a very tough year. Couldn’t have done it without him.”
5. “Pics of my dog, 2.5 years apart”
6. 7 months apart — old habits die hard!
7. “Chewie grew SO much in just 2 months.”
8. “When I first rescued him and now! He and 4 other kittens were left in a city work truck.”
9. From 2 hours old to 8 weeks old
10. No matter how big they get, they’ll always be a pup at heart.
11. “Dr. Zoidberg (Berg) at 4 months old and 8 years old — we think he’s got a bit of perma-kitten face!”
12. “My best friend Savannah turned 17 today. She helped raise 2 boys and has been the best of good girls.”
13. “6 months later…fluffy to even more fluffy!”
14. “My, how things have changed…”
15. “My dog and me in 1998 and in 2012”
16. “I’m so glad he never grew out of perching.”
17. “Left: 3 months old, right: 11 months old — we also got a third cat in the form of a tail…”
18. The difference 2 years can make
19. “My ’Poppy’ over the course of a year!”
20. Everyone needs a desk buddy.
If you have a before-and-after photo that shows the growth of your pet, please share them with us in the comment section. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family members!