Animals all around the world in diverse environments use camouflage to blend in with their surroundings as a defense or survival mechanism. They are so well camouflaged that their predators and humans can’t spot them. Besides, camouflage also allows them to more effectively sneak up on their prey. However, not all animals have the ability to be the best at hiding, sometimes they don’t get it quite right.
Here are 20 animals who found the best and worst hiding spots. Scroll down to see how creative animals are when they want to hide. Look through the photos below to see if these animals’ disguises fool you.
1. “The reason the water wasn’t coming out”
2. Where’s the cat?
3. Hiding in plain sight…
4. “I started to panic because I couldn’t find my puppy.”
5. Playing hide and seek
6. “I spent the last 15 minutes looking for my kitten…”
7. “A possum’s sneaky hiding spot in the workshop”
8. “I found Phoenix. He’s surprisingly good at playing hide and seek.”
9.“I was looking for my cat for an hour.”
10. This is how cats and dogs play.