Each year, approximately 2.7 million homeless dogs and cats must be euthanized because animal shelters are too full and there aren’t enough adoptive homes. Most of them are loving pets who can make great companions for families with members of all ages. But sadly, they simply were not lucky enough to be adopted and lived in a happy home that they deserve. Thankfully, there are still many kindhearted people all over the world are committed to trying to save and help neglected, abused and stray pets. They even adopt these poor animals and give them forever homes.
Nothing compares to the love and gratitude that pets give their humans after being rescued and given a second chance at life. That’s the reason why we collected 16 pictures of homeless pets who’ve finally found their families and their humans. Scroll down to see how happy and healthy these pets are when they live in their loving homes.
1. “Day 5 of never having to sleep on the streets again”
2. “On the ride home from adopting this guy”
3. “I just adopted my first cat, and I can’t get over how gorgeous she is.”
4. “We adopted Kane about a month ago. He is around 10-12 years old, nearly deaf and blind. He is very sweet, just likes to sleep all day, and likes going outside.”
5. “Went to the store to get dog food — they were hosting some cats for adoption and long story short, meet Laszlo!”
6. “Took in a pregnant stray cat until it became clear she was indeed just a little overweight. Then she stayed.”
7. “I got adopted by this beautiful pup this weekend. Say hi to Daisy.”
8. “Most of my family is allergic, so we could never have a dog growing up. I’m 33 and just adopted for the first time.”
9. “I couldn’t separate these brothers, so I adopted both!”
10. “As a person with severe anxiety, I adopted this cat with trust issues and anxiety. Meet Desert!”
11. “Today my wife and I adopted a senior puppy! Everybody, meet Waffles!”
12. “Drove 2,260 miles to adopt this little sweetie, and it’s the best thing I have ever done.”
13. “Stray kitten followed me home… Couldn’t reject her.”
14. “My dad when he first adopted my 1-year-old blind cat Cheddar, and them together on Cheddar’s 18th birthday!”
15. “Found this kitten in the woods, thought my older cats would adopt it, but it looks like my big boy has accepted Daddy Duty.”
16. “My cat had anxiety issues, so we adopted a little sister for him.”
Are you the owner of a rescued pet or a shelter pet? If yes, please share your stories and photos of your pets with us in the comments below! Feel free to share this post with your friends and family members!