Camouflage is a defense or survival mechanism that animals use to disguise their appearance, usually to blend with their surroundings. Camouflage helps them mask their location, identity, and movement. This allows them to avoid predators and sneak up on their prey more effectively. However, not all animals have the ability to be the best at hiding. Sometimes, they don’t master the art of camouflage and don’t truly commit to their hiding spots.
Here are 17 animals who tried to use camouflage to blend in with their backgrounds but their failure created some funny and cute photos. Scroll down to see how creative animals are when they want to hide or manage to disappear.
1. “My friend called me saying that her cat had escaped, and a few hours later, he revealed himself.”
2. The cat’s not quite out of the bag.
3. “Feeling like a carpet…”
4. Camouflaged mitten
5. Mommy cushion
6. Dog or log?
7. Hide and seek in plain sight
8. “My ringneck, Ziggy, chilling on some bananas”
9. “I guess I’m a towel now.”
10. Sleeping with the enemy
11. “Perfectly camouflaged for her first Christmas!”
12. “I wanted to go to sleep but couldn’t find the kitty. Found her sitting like a person in bed.”
13. “Where’s the cat?”
14. “Dog fort, come in. This is Mobile Dogwood Base Alpha, do you copy?”
16. A royal doggo-flage
17. This dog totally wins the game.
Are you a pet owner? Do your pets use camouflage? Share your best pictures with us in the comments below. Be sure to share this article with your friends and family members!